Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown cap ?

Article about: Hi ! Guys. Any thoughts on this peaked cap ? It has been said that it belongs to the Ministry of Propaganda ?... But i have never seen anything like this before. Sold by a militaria dealer i

Quote by michael giertz View Post
    Many thanks!!!

Michael.
    Many riddles in enigmas, but there are fine people here to look into the most arcane facts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown cap ?
    P
    Many

I would agree, with that logo and that shape, it is a pre-1945 visor.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    My friend ErWeSa is the personage to consult on things Austrian in these spaces.
    Thank you, dear Sir,

I, too, like Mr. Stonemint, think this this is a pre-1945 cap (the zig-zag stich on the sweat diamond gives it away) but I don't have an idea what organisation it was made for. Unfortunately Litto doesn't exist any longer either (I was told Slama bought it up). I was lucky enough to order 2 (modern) caps with them in the 1980ies.

A pity how all these firms disappear. The far East is cheaper, yes - but what about quality and tradition?
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 09-06-2016 at 07:28 PM.

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Thank you, dear Sir,

I, too, like Mr. Stonemint, thinks this this is a pre-1945 cap (the zig-zag stich on the sweat diamond gives it away) but I don't have an idea what organisation it was made for. Unfortunately Litto doesn't exist any longer either (I was told Slama bought it up). I was lucky enough to order 2 (modern) caps with them in the 1980ies.

A pity how all these firms disappear. The far East is cheaper, yes - but what about quality and tradition?
    All things are subjected to the dogma of efficiency experts, Taylorism, and standardization at the lowest common denominator.
    Most people know nothing different. Vienna is also being rendered a victim of big box retail as much as any other metropole.
    The process has vastly sped up in the last two decades. Handicrafts only exist for a small number of super rich, who then
    in the sense of Hegel render an item of everyday use into a fetish object in endless electric pictures of superficially attractive
    young women, who are as much out of a big box as the lousy clothes they wear. Pfui.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2