Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown visor identification

Article about: I recently acquired this visor from a seller in Austria. I have been researching and feel it is German. The manufacturer is HNE. The sweatband has been removed as well as most of the sweat s

Default Unknown visor identification

I recently acquired this visor from a seller in Austria. I have been researching and feel it is German. The manufacturer is HNE. The sweatband has been removed as well as most of the sweat shield. The chin cord is unusual, possibly civilian, as are the smooth chin cord buttons. The chin cord is heavily tarnished as is the silver piping around the top of the hat. There is no other piping visible. The color appears to be black with a taupe colored hatband. Any comments and/or information will be appreciated. Thanks.
    Peter

[Unknown visor identificationUnknown visor identificationUnknown visor identificationUnknown visor identificationUnknown visor identificationUnknown visor identification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown visor identification
    P
    Many

It's post war...maybe civil...maybe

Thanks for quick response.Did Hermann Naubert of Erfurt (HNE ) make hats post WW2? Gary Wilkin's book does not say when they went out of business,only that they are no longer in business.Could it be TR period or earlier produced,and modified for post war useage? Just a thought-possibly local police,traffic control,etc.
    Thanks,
    Peter

?

I believe it is post war. The missing sweat shield except for the name tag part tells me this has been modified to deceive with a spurious size and adler stamp.

Hi

I would say post war based on these pictures, type of material and air holes........ silver piping points to maybe bundeswehr cap that has been doctored...............sorry can't offer any hope on it being a TR cap.

Tony

?

Paper inside is junk, looks like this cap has been seriously fooled with to give the appearance of a TR officers hat

Thanks for comments.I thought it probably was not TR peroid after I received it.Only paid$40.00 for it ,so I though it would be
    worth the gamble.I have had alot of enjoyment trying to assertain exactly what I have.Any guess as to age or where it might have been used? Any additional input will be appreciated.
    Peter

Just want to thank all who critiqued this visor.Any additional comments will still be appreciated.
    Peter

I agree with what has been said. It is a postwar BRD visor--most likely for a civil band organisation.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

OK,Thanks for confirmation.I am still curious about Hermann Naufert Of Erfurt(HNE). Can you help me ? This will give me some ide a as to the age of the visor.Though not TR period,it still is history.The fun in this obsessive hobby is to continue to explore
    and learn.Again,THANKS for your help and sharing your knowledge.
    Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast