Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked one piece cockade and cap eagle, brass pins, very curved eagle?

Article about: Both supposedly good (great detail so fairly obviously period pieces?) but unmarked, what I find strange is how curved the eagle is, and it looks like it was cast that way. I wouldn't want t

Default Unmarked one piece cockade and cap eagle, brass pins, very curved eagle?

Both supposedly good (great detail so fairly obviously period pieces?) but unmarked, what I find strange is how curved the eagle is, and it looks like it was cast that way. I wouldn't want to straighten it much to put it on. Aren't most hat eagles fairly flat and maybe wider overall than this one, which is 61mm wide with a 33mm pin spacing. Maybe this is for a particular sort of cap?

The pins were bent over as you commonly see them on souvenirs, I carefully straightened them out to install on a cap I was going to pickup from a fellow collector. Upon inspecting the cap, it dawned on me that this eagle looks naturally very curved, and also that the pin spacing is very narrow, 1/4" narrower overall than the original holes in the cap, which had a three prong eagle, as is more commonly seen?

Any answers would be appreciated, thx in advance.

And to any longtime collectors who might have a few duplicates, I have just posted a wanted ad for a Wehrmacht Heer Schirmmutze NCO Infantry Cap, PM me with info if you have an extra, much rather pick one up from someone on this forum, thx.
    Last edited by Larboard; 09-20-2015 at 06:44 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked one piece cockade and cap eagle, brass pins, very curved eagle?
    P
    Many

Simply just a makers variation. But good original items.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thx Ade ;-)

nice insignia.