Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter art

Article about: Man, that thing is a goner. To call it 'salty' would be an insult against salty items.

?

Default A very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter art

Hi guys,
    I wanted to get some opinions on this Feldmütze. The seller describes it as such:

"Despite its flaws, this cap still has some nice character and if you added some salty insignia, it could be displayed. This cap came to me in its current state, and I had hoped to restore it somewhat, but I just don't have the time. The biggest problem with this cap is the band. At some point during its life, a black felt cap band was glued over the original Wehrmacht green felt and SS jnsignia were added. There are traces of a sewn Wehrmacht wreath and eagle.There are multiple holes and tears which the photos depict.
    This cap exhibits typical Erel characteristics and has the Erel logo embossed on the sweatband."

My apologies to the collectors reading this who collect Mützen in better shape, it is a very rough piece:

A very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter artA very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter artA very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter artA very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter artA very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter artA very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter artA very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter artA very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter artA very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter art

Despite the aforementioned false, awful hack job on the cap band, is everything on the up and up? I can of course post more and better pictures once in hand.

Thank you,
    Eddie
    P.S. My apologies for posting two Mützen in this subforum in one day, I don't intend to deluge you all with too many inquiries.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter art
    P
    Many

Default Re: A very very rough Heer Feldmütze alter art

Looks like someone's dog got to it Eddie!!!
    I hope the "crushability" photo is not the seller trying to prove it as a crusher ....... as it is self evident that it IS quite crushed!
    It should be a freebie in my opinion.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

The bottom half of the wool seems to be a totally different color and the band looks like it was sewn on crooked in the third to last photo. Were these even made in Tricot, or is this a put together?

?

- - Updated - -

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Looks like someone's dog got to it Eddie!!!
    I hope the "crushability" photo is not the seller trying to prove it as a crusher ....... as it is self evident that it IS quite crushed!
    It should be a freebie in my opinion.
    Dan
    Ha! I love animals, but I would have a lot of trouble if a dog dig this to my Mütze! It's condition is very much reflected in the price.

I thought my moth bitten rotted visor was bad but this... lol 0.o

?

I remember when this cap was for sale a few months back and I was interested. But I got some very sound oppinions and I decided I would pass as this cap will only deteriorate with time.

Cheers, Patrick

all I can say is if you fancy it go for it.

?

It's a real eReL Alter Art.
    Yes, they made them in Trikot and I'm 99% sure the cap has been washed in hot water, no doubt to try and get the glue off the centre band. You can see that the leather band and peak have reacted very badly to the washing.
    Hurts me to see them like this...

Quote by Danmark View Post
    it should be a freebie in my opinion.Dan
    It should be in the bin in my opinion !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It's a real eReL Alter Art.
    Yes, they made them in Trikot and I'm 99% sure the cap has been washed in hot water, no doubt to try and get the glue off the centre band. You can see that the leather band and peak have reacted very badly to the washing.
    Hurts me to see them like this...
    Thanks Ben, much appreciated. Is this piece at all salvageable, or is that simply really naive? I have a Heer Infantry officer field display that I would like to use this in, but would trying to fix this just be a flight of fancy?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast