Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

visor cap cavalry

Article about: Dear collectors, is this visor cap original or not / opinions are welcome - please excuse the bad quality of the photos ... thanks for helping lg H

Default visor cap cavalry

Dear collectors,

is this visor cap original or not / opinions are welcome - please excuse the bad quality of the photos ...
    thanks for helping

lg H
    Attached Images Attached Images visor cap cavalry  visor cap cavalry  visor cap cavalry  visor cap cavalry  visor cap cavalry 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement visor cap cavalry
    P
    Many

The sweat leather is of post 1945 make. The crown piping looks very odd.

I am inclined to think it is a fake, but who am I?

If in doubt, don't buy it. There are ample army cavalry caps to be had, and very attractive ones.

MAP
    ?

I am inclined to agree with Mr. Berthold's view.

Would have been nice if the photos could be expanded and better photos of the interior.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes, the cap is a bad one, sorry.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I thought I had a thread on these on this forum, but apparently it is on the other.
    I call these the "triple serial #s" because they have the same # repeated at least 3 times on the inside of the sweatband. (In 40 years of collecting, I have yet to see these on a period hat).

In any event, if you see these types of # (the #s differ), run--the hat is either an outright fake or (at the very least) has had its sweatband postwar replaced (note this one is dated 1964):
    Attached Images Attached Images visor cap cavalry 

The other item of note on these is that the wreath/cockades are cast from an original.
    That means there is no 2-piece cockade in which to "sandwich" the red wool, so they glue it on top--it never looks right, no matter how thin the wool.

?

Guten Abend lieber Landsmann,

the first cap you presented here was a blatant fake (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...jaeger-665253/), the Ortsgruppenleiter one was a good one; this one is a more sophisticated fake, but still a fake - sweatband, bagdes, cords, the fabric (but here the resolution of the photos is too poor for a final verdict) and lining (why should it be crumpled?) give it away.

visor cap cavalry

visor cap cavalry

EDIT: I forgot to mention the piping!
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 08-28-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Here is a nice cavalry cap from Torgau, a Saxonian Reiterei....visor cap cavalryvisor cap cavalry

It is silk, which I why I bought it.

It is not especially difficult to find authentic ones on the leading dealer sites, you just have to pay for it.

Look at this with Whamond. It is not the nicest, but it is real.visor cap cavalry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast