Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS Colour-Piped Visor

Article about: Greetings fellow collectors, I had the opportunity to take a look at this Waffen SS visor this morning and took a few pics with my phone camera (apologies for the quality). I know how rare t

?

Default Waffen SS Colour-Piped Visor

Greetings fellow collectors,

I had the opportunity to take a look at this Waffen SS visor this morning and took a few pics with my phone camera (apologies for the quality). I know how rare these are and have some reservations regarding it's authenticity, however I would greatly appreciate opinions/input of those much more well versed in these matters.

All feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Aleks

Waffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped Visor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Colour-Piped Visor
    P
    Many

You had in your hand a classic Latvian and or Baltic stinker which are found by the hundreds and a source of unhappiness to all concerned.
    These have been churned out in a torrent; they fill up all these sites; they are painful to see; they are reverse engineered from the pictures we post.
    Pfui.

Look here to generalize about real NCO and enlisted grey caps.

SS Gray-Top White-Piped EM/NCO Visors

The cap in post # 4 here was owned by Bruce Frog, but it is now mine.

Waffen SS Colour-Piped VisorThe chances of finding an authentic NCO or enlisted cap with colored piping are slim.

I owned one and then sold it indirectly to the leading cap collector in America. I owned two of these caps, one for an officer and one for an NCO, and I dumped them all. And I do mean dump because of the balderdash and chatter that go with them. They do exist, to be sure, but they come packed in nonsense, which the faint of heart can poorly undo.

Waffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorColored pipes make for much misery for the many.

I enclose an authentic field cap also bought by the premiere cap collector in the US, one of very few real items of this type to emerge in the collector biotope.

Waffen SS Colour-Piped VisorWaffen SS Colour-Piped VisorMay I say this: one way to tell with this object is the crown piping.
    The crown piping was affixed by the Muetzenmachermeister in former times, that is, by the person with the greatest skill.
    This cap betrays piping that is poorly affixed.

?

Many thanks for your quick and very informative reply FB, it is greatly appreciated. I did not hold much hope for it knowing the scarcity of authentic colour-piped visors combined with the fact that unfortunately just about any SS item you come across here in Australia seems to be of dubious origin.

Perhaps it can be relegated now to the rogue gallery of fake ss visors that Mr. Stonemint has so kindly put together.

Thank you again and happy collecting,

Aleks

Thanks to you, sir. Much good fortune in your collecting.

The struggle to find real SS material is frustrating, but this site puts you and me ahead of the pack.
    A handful of us work hard at the task, in the hope that some might benefit.

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”