Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Waffen SS Elite Officers schirmmütze

Article about: I'm not sure about the Erel reproduction? I guess it could be? Not an expert on that one.

The sad thing is that many of these 'aged' caps don't look anything like a genuine combat-worn cap looks like. Lets be honest, tears to the lining,damaged stitching and worn sweat-bands apart, just how many genuine caps do you ever see that look as though they've had a guzunder emptied in them and a bag of soot for good measure???
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by spandau View Post
    we should start a thread just for really bad reproductions, I may even start collecting them !
    I debated doing just that--I have had complaints that my threads on repros/fakes show hats that are just too good, but this had is just hideous--like stated above, looks like a throw-away from Dead Snow.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

?

King Kong's naval visor looks like it barely escaped a dive bombing of a squadron of killer pigeons
    who dropped the poop bombs all over it- PATHETIC!!!

?

The copies i have had during the years has all tragically enough caught fire and returned into the circle of life.

Oh well.....
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Quote by TrondK View Post
    The copies i have had during the years has all tragically enough caught fire and returned into the circle of life.

Oh well.....
    Natural justice in the fake cap world my friend! I am sure you got over it quickly though. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Thanks guys for all your input on the copies I got the Submarine U-Boat Hat from a mate a swap for some bits & bobs
    he got the cap from these guys WarHats.com Military Headwear from many conflicts - Military Headwear from many conflicts - Waffen SS, U-Boat Hats WW2 Helmets, Stencils, Decals, Parts, Badges - German, American and British

Default Visor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0716121825.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	689872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0716121825a.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	689873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0716121825b.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	689874Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0716121825c.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	689875Here's one I picked up from Black Cross militaria for comparison.

?

Is that one of the official Erel reproductions Wharfrat? It looks like one. I was hoping to order a Janke SS officer cap this week but unfortunately funds have not arrived as I planned. A vendor in the UK sells the official Erel caps and at a reasonable price, I would buy one but they only have the panzer caps left unfortunately. Cheers, Sean.

Hi yes i think it is

Quote by spandau View Post
    I give it a score of minus 6 !!!

cheers

Tony

Well said. A revolting object.
    damit, basta.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast