Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Waffen SS Elite Officers schirmmütze

Article about: I'm not sure about the Erel reproduction? I guess it could be? Not an expert on that one.

Default Waffen SS Elite Officers schirmmütze

Hi guys I know you ve seen them all before but On a scale of 1 to 10 how good is this copy of the Waffen SS Elite Officers Hat Cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Elite Officers schirmmütze   Waffen SS Elite Officers schirmmütze  

Waffen SS Elite Officers schirmmütze   Waffen SS Elite Officers schirmmütze  

Waffen SS Elite Officers schirmmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Elite Officers schirmmütze
    P
    Many

?

Hi King Kong. I do believe it is pretty bad. I had a copy SS crusher recently and it looks to be the same manufacturer, It looks to have the same build & material traits etc. It was actually a fake Erel reproduction and the quality was pretty darn bad and looks just as the one pictured minus the Erel mark on the sweatband, Plus the artificially aging on this one I would say looks quite unrealistic & unconvincing. After advice from here I bought a Janke repro cap and it is top! Cheers, Sean.

I give it a score of minus 6 !!!

cheers

Tony

?

Here is the one I bought for comparison, Even though as said it is a crusher not officers like the one posted I think you will notice the similarity's on the inside at least. Cheers, Sean.

Waffen SS Elite Officers schirmmützeWaffen SS Elite Officers schirmmütze

Ouch , it looks like something from a zombie film, I think I could only score it a 1 out of 10 and that is for the cap cord! Leon.

HI yes looks pretty much the same with out the aging

?

Yep, I think it is. I wouldn't bother as I am sure you are getting the idea from other members as well lol. I didn't pay much for mine and at first even though I knew it was a cheap copy I quite liked it because I am newbie with hats. Then after being advised on a thread here I bought a Janke repro, It did cost over 3 times what I paid for the other cap but my word it was 3-20 times better and then I realized what a piece of trash the other cap was haha. Cheers, Sean.

There's a bloke on eBay calling himself hanoviabargains or something like that. And at the moment he has several 'quality' copies of WW2 German caps for sale. Fair do's to the man, he is advertising them as copies. But his skills at ageing them is absolute s**te. Talking of which, some of them look as though they have been dipped in a British Thunder box Mk1 after 50 squaddies with the Bombay trots have left their deposits!

Got this one a long time ago Submarine U-Boat Hat far superior one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Elite Officers schirmmütze   Waffen SS Elite Officers schirmmütze  

we should start a thread just for really bad reproductions, I may even start collecting them !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast