Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe Skin

Article about: Happy New Gentleman. This visor had me at "hello". Just want to make sure my emotions are not overtaken my judgement. Thank you for your advice and comments!

Default Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe Skin

Happy New Year Gentleman. This visor had me at "hello". Just want to make sure my emotions have not overtaken my judgement.
    Thank you for your advice and comments!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe Skin   Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe Skin  

Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe Skin   Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe Skin  

Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe Skin   Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe Skin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe Skin
    P
    Many

Is this the same one from the Wilkins book?

In any event, we need under the hood shots; close-ups of the insignia; close-ups of the piping joinders to start.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Not the same one but similar. These are all I have but I will try to get more

Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe SkinMr. Mint is right. The images you have there do not allow a real assessment.

I own the twin of the cap on the cover of Wilkin's book. There were two of these in one family, and the one on the cover was sold by Shea to a Chinese graduate student ca 2000 and he tried or did sell it recently. I ended up with the other many years ago.

My cap is in the Shea Beaver book on SS headgear, however.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe Skin   Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe Skin  

Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-05-2016 at 03:46 AM.

Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe Skinthe sweat band in this species of cap is a war time leather of inferior kind, also found in the Weissbach of Glachau black Sonderanfertigung caps of late make.

Thank you. I have requested close up photos.

Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe SkinWaffen SS Officer Visor Doe SkinWaffen SS Officer Visor Doe SkinWaffen SS Officer Visor Doe SkinWaffen SS Officer Visor Doe SkinWaffen SS Officer Visor Doe SkinWaffen SS Officer Visor Doe SkinI would also note, that, despite what is in the Wilkins book, these caps exist with the yellow or cream colored interior as well as grey interior, and are perfectly authentic.

Tell the person to be very careful of the sweatband, too.

Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe SkinThese are not my meaty and hairy mitts, either. This kind of man handling always leaves damage to something this old and fragile.

Waffen SS Officer Visor Doe SkinWaffen SS Officer Visor Doe SkinHere you see another Weissbach Glachau cap of later make with this
    goaty leather fittings.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast