Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze

Article about: Breuer also had many real things. Munich was a center of German film making in the years after 1949 (and before of course...) and Breuer furnished real material in its number to film product

Default Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze

G'day all,
    I saw this visor cap at a militaria fair today and wondered what you fellas thought. I think the insignia is bad, the eagle and particularly the skull appear to lack detail and to my untrained eye both appear to be cast. The cap itself seems to display some signs of age, a few moth nips here and there, a bit of dust and dirt in joins etc.. but the sweatband displays no sign of ageing and the celluloid diamond is soft, supple and crystal clear. The visor itself has some damage, it almost looks as though something hot has melted it! What do you gents think? Please excuse the quality of the pics, I only had my phone to take photos with.
    Cheers, Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze  Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze  Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze  Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze

I am sorry about the poor pics boys, I didn't realise they were as bad as this, I don't expect any judgements based on these. Sorry to waste your time.

Well I was standing next to Dave for this one. The cap and insignia were intriguing on this one. There seemed to be a lot of flash around the outside and in the eye sockets of the skull, same flash on the bird

The cap itself seemed mint on the inside yet aged slightly on the outside. It looked good though but I don't collect caps, hence why its here

Jason

I think it is an old fake made in the late 50's/early 60's by a fantasy maker called "Alteste Berliner". Need bigger pics to be sure.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Alteste for sure..

I think it's a fake..

Thanks for your comments gents, particularly after such crappy photos. I thought it wasn't a good one but it's worth asking to be sure. Cheers, Dave.

?

I've done the same thing... post items you are fairly sure are bad... hoping for different news than what your gut is telling you.

Waffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeWaffen SS Officers SchirmmützeContrast with these items. The Berlins aelteste Muetzenfabrik caps were commissioned by the dagger king James Atwood in the Nancy Sinatra era.

Here is a pic of the man himself who was behind the "Alteste Berliner" fakes: Herr Breuer:

(credit: d'alquen)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast