Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?

Article about: I am somewhat new to collecting WWII militaria and new to this forum. I just came back from a militaria show with what looks to be an SS peaked cap. Its way to small for me and I am pretty s

Default re: Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?

Thank you for the nice images and thanks to all who keep this site going, may the holidays bring them much good fortune, peace, serenity and reflection, untroubled by my vitriol about "sculls" and collectors who fail to attain my ideals for them of historical perfection. Let us hope that the world manages to find more peace and serenity in the year to come than in the year just passed, however.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I love cooking actualy and am seriously considering changing tacts and becoming a chef instead of the 9 to 5 office job.
    Another facebook kind of thing to say, sorry!
    Anything that leads one to add value through one's own labor in the classical sense has much more merit than much of what is wrongly described as work, actually.

?

Getting back on topic, this is a marvelous image.

Please excuse my ignorance but what does the blank collar tab denote?
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake? 

Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?Sipo/SD. This image was from the Sipo school in Berlin Charlottenburg.

Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?The blank patch was used for other echelons of the SS hierarchy, as well.

This uniform was wrongly sold as an SD uniform, whereas it was for the staff of the Oberabschnitt Rhein, prior to its becoming Rhein/Westmark.Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?

?

So part of the Gestapo or the other way around, the Gestapo were part of the Sipo?

The second statement is the correct one as of the date this image was made. The evolution of police and party in the III. Reich is, to use an overused phrase, very complicated. A simple way is to look in vol. V of Mollo, which is devoted to all of this. Otherwise, I can give you a shelf of books to read.

?

The whole police and security side of the SS is something that I know very little about. My meagre brain capacity can only handle so much information so I'll have to leave that study for another time.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The whole police and security side of the SS is something that I know very little about. My meagre brain capacity can only handle so much information so I'll have to leave that study for another time.
    When the spirit moves me, I will explain it to you. The leading principle was the NSDAP penetration of existing state institutions, which then existed in a dual posture, in competition, and, in the case of Himmler, he became head of the German police in 1936. The secret police and political police were re organized and nazified in a process that varied from Land to Land, i.e. Prussia versus Bavaria. The original Gestapa was the work of Goering in his role as Minister President of Prussia in 1933, and Himmler and the SS got control of same in the process of the consolidation of the police in the subsequent years.Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-05-2011 at 05:05 AM.

Waffen SS Officers Schirmmütze: real or fake?There is or was an excellent exhibition about all of this in the Zeughaus in Berlin just now, but I did not buy the catalog when I was in Munich in September.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast