Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication required

Article about: Hello, I purchased a Waffen SS peaked cap 20 years ago and wondering if it is all ok. Cheers, Frank

?

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    All I have to say is WOW! how disrespectful can a new member be, no please and thank you just demands.

Mr,Demandingimpatientpants needs to chill.

He came here to ask for our help.

Part of being on the site is accepting constructive criticism

we all have been burned in this hobby at some point its part of the territory.

Mr,Demandingimpatientpants maybe needs to take a step back or quit the site.

I admire you guys going the extra mile to provide info for this guy.

general p
    Well stated GP.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication required
    P
    Many

When you got members like FB, Bob, Wagriff, Stone, Harry and SSamir just posting a couple words stating its a downright fake then... IT IS! By the way. That cap you had over 20 years was a waste of shelf space. Questioning my friends like they don't have a clue! Damn dude. Do some research.

Hi Bob,
    Cheers for that.
    Sure I'm disappointed about my cap but all I was asking for why is was not correct. I am certainly no expert and have not been actively collecting for at least 8 years so I'm out of touch. Thanks to those who gave me the proper explanations.

To all the members if it seemed like I was rude then I apologise. I respect your answers but all I wanted was a reason for my cap not being correct. You guys may know about this cap but I don't that is why I am asking.
    Like I said before, thank you for your input.

Lets not be too tough on the guy, he's new and has just suffered a huge blow after 20 years of proud ownership.

I hope this first dip into the forum doesn't preclude the member from further participation as this thread could be read as highly exclusive of new members 'finding their feet'.

Did we not notice Mr Galland62 is a paid up member? Many long time forum posters have yet to put their hands into their pockets and Galland62 has done so with less than 8 posts. I hope the new member stays around and shares further items for our enjoyment without fear of ridicule.

Thank you sir. Don't forget I am a collector just you guys. I have never participated in this type of forum.
    You are correct. I guess I am hurting about my pride and joy being a huge disappointment.
    I hope to participate again and I have learnt a lot in this short time.
    Cheers,

So sorry to hear it is a fake cap - Gosh it must have a been a more difficult art to spot these prior to the internet age

Quote by christek View Post
    it must have a been a more difficult art to spot these prior to the internet age
    I'll say! No wonder so many people got suckered in earlier times.

Looks like I'm one of them

We've all been there !

Welcome aboard, and I hope you enjoy your
    stay with us.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast