Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication required

Article about: Hello, I purchased a Waffen SS peaked cap 20 years ago and wondering if it is all ok. Cheers, Frank

Quote by Galland62 View Post
    Thank you sir. Don't forget I am a collector just you guys. I have never participated in this type of forum.
    You are correct. I guess I am hurting about my pride and joy being a huge disappointment.
    I hope to participate again and I have learnt a lot in this short time.
    Cheers,
    Welcome to the Forum Galland..you hung in there..and agree totally with your statement above. Wisdom through bruises..gains knowledge. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication required
    P
    Many

Cheers guys,
    thanks for understanding.

So Galland, what else you got??

Panzer sidecap, NSDAP visor cap, Bit nervous to post now. Maybe don't want to know

Quote by Galland62 View Post
    Panzer sidecap, NSDAP visor cap, Bit nervous to post now. Maybe don't want to know
    Welcome to the forum!
    Better to find out now than to go on thinking they are real if they are not.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredOne other thing in my experience of these items is that the real ones tend to be of a Trikotage of a very specific type.

See here...

There are surely caps of Doeskin, but these are the minority, and not of the >1941 variety.

?

Sometimes light of the truth is too bright and our mortal eyes are not ready for that.
    Every collectors know the horrible feeling of the fake... makes you angry and sad...

Don' t give up and new members like us should listen old and venerables members of this forum

Welcome to the forum mate...Just as disappointment can happen, so can surprise,i cant tell you how many times ive come across something innocuous and it turns out to be rare or unusual...perhaps your other visor is of a rare maker? The roller coaster can be both scary and fun

My own first posting on this forum was a fake too. mind you, it was only an erkennungsmarken that I was able to return to the dealer so the wound wasn't too deep!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast