Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication required

Article about: Hello, I purchased a Waffen SS peaked cap 20 years ago and wondering if it is all ok. Cheers, Frank

Default Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication required

Hello,
    I purchased a Waffen SS peaked cap 20 years ago and wondering if it is all ok.
    Cheers,
    FrankWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication requiredWaffen SS Schirmmütze authentication required

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Schirmmütze authentication required
    P
    Many

Sorry, but it is a Frankie-Janke.
    By that I mean that they replaced the Janke sweatband with a Pekuro.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Sorry,Frank, but...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Shame...

Could I have technical reasons why this cap is not correct instead of thumbs down. To me it indicates the people who make these comments do not have the knowledge.
    This is the first time I have used these kinds of forums and it seems it is easy to dismiss something. Please give me technical reasons and as much information as you have to share.
    Thank you.

You're right, Frank...a half a century or more of collecting this stuff and I Still don't know a thing about it....Ask Stonemint-he's the Hat Moderator-maybe he can tell you. He has the knowledge...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Galland62 View Post
    Could I have technical reasons why this cap is not correct instead of thumbs down. To me it indicates the people who make these comments do not have the knowledge.
    This is the first time I have used these kinds of forums and it seems it is easy to dismiss something. Please give me technical reasons and as much information as you have to share.
    Thank you.

If you exert yourself somewhat with the relevant threads, you will see many authentic caps versus your own.

Your cap is a West German reproduction that has an authentic pre 1945 leather sweat band added.

The firm of Janke is an infamous maker of such caps since the 1970s, or the 1980s. This cap conforms to this type.

We have posted many, many images of authentic caps in dozens, if not hundreds of threads.

Please look at these threads.

The burden of proof here is not on the moderators, as their yeoman work has fashioned an encyclopaedia of knowledge not found anywhere on any site, or even
    in leading military museums in the leading nations of the world.

Here is a compendium of fakes relevant to your inquiry.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...uetzen-269958/

Thus, there is a pile of fake and or caps open to doubt in one heap and then the real caps are in a separate heap.

I might dissent in 100% of the cases in the caps put into the fake and or iffy pile, but there is no iron law with these things.

The cap at the start of this thread is a Janke, which exists in the thousands.

Grey SS caps are a world onto themselves, and they have been faked for decades and decades.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast