Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WH Panzer Officer White-Top Prototype

Article about: Whilst we're taking about horse riding and jockeys, I bought this original illustration the other day.

Default WH Panzer Officer White-Top Prototype

My cross-town friend had this sent to him for approval, and he brought it to me for inspection.

I have only seen one other WH white-top, and that was a Kav Probe piece (and is owned by Paul S).

Unlike the Luftwaffe/KM/SS, white-tops were never authorized for the Heer (even though they were allowed to wear a white uniform during the summer months).

So, this would be a one-off piece, most likely a prototype. Presumably, like Paul's piece, the OKH had sample visors sent to them for approval. Is this one of them? I cannot say.

In any event, the had is well made, with tight piping and solid construction, done in the typical TR way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WH Panzer Officer White-Top Prototype   WH Panzer Officer White-Top Prototype  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WH Panzer Officer White-Top Prototype
    P
    Many

Wool is a doeskin, and is not as white as it looks above--it has yellowed (slightly) with age:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WH Panzer Officer White-Top Prototype  

Hat has a nice saddle, but is not over-pronounced like the heavyweight fakes.

Note the wool trim beneath the bottom ring of piping in the correct feldgrau color. It is doeskin, and there is only one seam:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WH Panzer Officer White-Top Prototype   WH Panzer Officer White-Top Prototype  

Interior--white rayon lining.

Maker logo is Meisterklasse (which has been used by Janke, which this is not).
    Logo is on the exterior of the sweatdiamond.
    Hat is (obviously) unissued, and still has tissue paper in the rear:

Pleats are flat and sewn down in the correct manner. (this is not a frankenstein--no extra holes anywhere, and believe me, I checked).
    Nothing glows under UV (not even the gauze used to hold the padding).

Piping color is the correct shade (not that BRD pinkish-red).
    Visor is crazed and shows where the cords have been in contact with it over the years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WH Panzer Officer White-Top Prototype  

My friend is open to comments on the hat, so feel free to comment away.

?

I do not know very much about these white tops is it common to have the top half white and the bottom section field gray, I was not sure if this was done

Maybe some snazzy Pz officer with a cavalry record or jealousy of the sartorial splendor of the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine had the thing made.
    The sources speak enough of caps made contrary to regulations.
    If wholly real, then this is a very special cap, indeed.

Thanks for including this highly interesting object.

The crown piping is also very well done, which is a normal point of failure for the fakers, in fact.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast