Become our sponsor and display your banner here

What is this cap?

Article about: Found this today Bamberger Mutzen industrie side cap marked s1945 is that the year? and what is the cockade for and I have never seen straps on a side cap before any info would be good thank

Default What is this cap?

Found this today Bamberger Mutzen industrie side cap marked s1945 is that the year? and what is the cockade for and I have never seen straps on a side cap before any info would be good thanks.

Eric
    What is this cap?What is this cap?What is this cap?What is this cap?What is this cap?
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this cap?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is this cap?

Hi Eric, I'm pretty sure it's Bundesmarine. I don't know much about post 45 stuff. The color in the outside ring is washed out, but I think it's supposed to be yellow. It looks white.

Jay

Eric....Jay is correct ! BW Marine, the S1945 has nothing to do with a WW2 date, it is part of a contract number and its similarity to a WW2 date is pure coincidence ! the real date is covered by the, no doubt indellible, black ink smeared across the rest of the tag......usually a crude attempt by someone to hide the true date (probably 1970/80's) so that they can pass it off as Third Reich piece. The roundal ring should be yellow, as Jay has stated, but I think the cap has had its neck rung in the washing machine to advance an aging process ! Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Thanks guys.

Eric

Eric..heres one in mint condition...the ties are a form of chinstrap, so it didnt disapear in stormy seas !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this cap?  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Thanks Steve and Jay for the help I dont have much in it..

Eric

The true date, along with the size of the cap should be below those
    code numbers, but have been purposely obscured.........
    Regards,

Steve.