Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What is this cap I've just bought?

Article about: Never seen one like it before but it seems authentic. Price was reasonable and the condition is good so what the hell, I bought it. Chris will probably know what it is!

I was going to say Weimer Police of some kind has a Forestry color but the blue piping threw me off on that one. Seems like I seen something similar on Kaiser's Bunker website. Nice cap anyway and I am sure it is original without question. timothy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Is the piping then for an area or region if it were for police?

I would tend to agree about police connections ,possibly a membership cap to the Blue Oyster bar owned by Herr Offizier Von Mahoney

I've posted it here as well for some more exposure:

Unknown Polizei Visor on Ebay - Militaria Forums

I tried to find out, but nothing. May thoughts are for Strassenbahn- or Kraftomnibus-concerns
    (street cars and busses), as there are many things possible. Especially with color combinations
    for the headgear: blue with red piping (which is often used), but also bright-blue with green
    piping, darkgrey with dark-green piping; grey with crimson piping, grey with ligh-blue piping, black
    with red piping and so on. Until early in the war there were no unified uniforms at all. It then started
    for larger cities.
    "Wir sollen auch unser Leben für die Brüder lassen" (1.Joh.3.16):
    zum Gedächtnis Wilhelm Schenk. Er starb fürs Vaterland am 13. Juni 1916

Thanks for your research, looks like it will remain a mystery hat for the time being.

This hat arrived last week but I've only just had the chance to inspect it.

Interesting/mundane 1937 utility invoice folded and tucked under the sweatband!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rechnung 1937.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	326.0 KB 
ID:	615137  

A nice little freebee all the same!..
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Just noticed the plastic bag it came in.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peek & Cloppenburg.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	615158  

Really neat Ben though it would have been neater had it been the receipt for the mysterious cap! A common practice to achieve a little better fit....have seen it in hats and helmets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast