Become our sponsor and display your banner here

what do you guys think?

Article about: Hey guys, I just traded for this visor cap. what do you guys think real? I was told its early medical but I'm not to sure on that one. Yet to find a medical visor that has this color piping.

Default what do you guys think?

Hey guys, I just traded for this visor cap. what do you guys think real? I was told its early medical but I'm not to sure on that one. Yet to find a medical visor that has this color piping. any help would be greatly appreciated! p.s. the eagle has a broken prong and someone attempted to glue it into place. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	officer visor 2.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	303.6 KB 
ID:	935694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	officer visor.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	316.8 KB 
ID:	935693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	officer visor3.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	350.2 KB 
ID:	935692

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

It's not my area, but I can see that the cords are twisted reverse, which is never a good sign.

?

Any better pictures? The colour of the piping is hard to make out. If this is green I'd say a post war FRG-police cap. The whole construction makes me think of that. Is there any filling material between the lining and the outer fabric of the cap? Feel the 2 side panels at the front - there should be cotton wool/cotton waste inside which you can feel. If you see any sticky, crumbly material come out of the lining you know that this is a post war piece (this is the decaying foam rubber that was used from the 60ies onwards as stiffening material for the 4 top panels).
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 02-18-2016 at 11:46 AM.

I strongly suspect its fake but its very difficult to assess a cap on the basis of such poor quality pictures. I cant see the materials its made of, I cant even be sure of the color of the liner band and peak underside.

sorry guys about the quality (for some reason they're uploading to my computer a little blurry). Here's a few of behind the sweat band and a close up of the material and insignia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1untitled.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	935734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2untitled.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	935735  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3untitled.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	935736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5untitled.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	935737  

?

I opt for post-war Schleswig-Holstein police (I own the white version of such a cap, maker: Gebr. Klotz of Kiel, they display a sailing ship as their logo above the name, perhaps you can discern something like it in your cap) - light green piping which here is supposed to be Jäger, green underneath of the peak and the construction make it clear for me. Did you have a feel? When you rub lining and side panels and you feel that the lining sticks to the panels you can be sure of a post war specimen. Another thing: how many holes are there behind the isignia? Any empty holes?

Hi,

Sorry but I also think post war cap and agree with the above post about the police theory.

Cheers

Tony

Thank you guys for all your help! well you live and learn. I shouldn't of jumped at it so fast! well now I know for future reference!

Most of us have done it, dont worry if it did not cost to much and you like it keep hold of it as a reminder.
    "and when he gets to heaven,
    to saint peter he will tell:
    "Just another marine reporting, sir
    I've served my time in hell."

Quote by matx007 View Post
    Thank you guys for all your help! well you live and learn. I shouldn't of jumped at it so fast! well now I know for future reference!
    Good for you Sir. We have all "been there and done it" as well. This place will keep you on the road to better purchases !

cheers

Tony