Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who made this 'SS' Visor?

Article about: Thanks guys....

Default Who made this 'SS' Visor?

Thanks guys....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who made this 'SS' Visor?   Who made this 'SS' Visor?  

Who made this 'SS' Visor?   Who made this 'SS' Visor?  

Who made this 'SS' Visor?   Who made this 'SS' Visor?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who made this 'SS' Visor?
    P
    Many

british war dept stamp

Is it possible that is from the early 60s. Trying to verify a story.

Odd.

The insignia are authentic. I cannot say about the cap, but think not. The stamp on the leather band is indeed British.

Who made this 'SS' Visor?Who made this 'SS' Visor?Who made this 'SS' Visor?Who made this 'SS' Visor?Who made this 'SS' Visor?Who made this 'SS' Visor?Who made this 'SS' Visor?Who made this 'SS' Visor?Who made this 'SS' Visor?Who made this 'SS' Visor?Who made this 'SS' Visor?Compare to originals. The cap with the early badge is a specialty of mine....

Wow, thank you for the quick reply. I hate when people mix and match original to try and move a fake item. Your collection is very impressive! Hats off to you...

I'm quite sure the cap is not British military issue, unless very heavily modified. I suspect the headband from a British cap has been added to this, maybe used in a theatre or something?

I was thinking a movie prop.

Who made this 'SS' Visor?Who made this 'SS' Visor?Who made this 'SS' Visor?Who made this 'SS' Visor?I have an image of a similar object somewhere in my heap of pictures.

Early caps varied from maker to maker until mid 1934. Thereafter they were standardized. Wim Saris reminds us of the Form I, the Form II, etc.

However, the crown of this cap under scrutiny is very tall, which is not especially typical of the early cap, which was fairly flat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast