Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Who,what,where,when !!!!!!!!

Article about: Hi all I'm new to the club and would really appreciate some help here, I came across this on my travels and I'm stumped; the insignia looks spot on but I've never come across the hat, I've r

Default Who,what,where,when !!!!!!!!

Hi all I'm new to the club and would really appreciate some help here, I came across this on my travels and I'm stumped; the insignia looks spot on but I've never come across the hat, I've researched all over and I'm in need of some help of some professionals.
    The material is old and reminds me of the old itchy scratchy blankets you were issued.
    Please help !!!!!! Best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who,what,where,when !!!!!!!!   Who,what,where,when !!!!!!!!  

:o(

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who,what,where,when !!!!!!!!
    P
    Many

Welcome to the Forum! I'd really like to see a photo of the interior...
    cheers, Glenn

Cheers Glen, the stitching for the hat looks like it has been done by machine where as the insignia is hand sewn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who,what,where,when !!!!!!!!   Who,what,where,when !!!!!!!!  

:o(

I have never seen the like, though I agree the insignia looks to be correct. Does it appear to nicely settled into the wool?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry, Yes the insignia looks to be nicely settled into the wool; it looks like it has been on there for many,many years.
    Best regards.

Is it possible a mother made this for a kid using bring-back insignia shortly after the war, to play war with?

Your right, the possibilities are endless. A college said it could of been made at a POW camp as a escape and evasion kit, but who knows. It is an interesting piece.

?

Could be post war could have been made during the war, either way it is an interesting piece, very cool to me

?

This piece reminds me of a police tunic I once owned that was made from a blanket with a lining sewn into it like any other. The insignia was all period and authentic. Can't seem to find a picture of it.