Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WSS Fez

Article about: Hello again. What do you think about this WSS Fez? I doesn't really understand who worn these, was it the German Turkish divisions? Are they common? Too bad someone have been stripped the in

?

Default WSS Fez

Hello again. What do you think about this WSS Fez? I doesn't really understand who worn these, was it the German Turkish divisions? Are they common? Too bad someone have been stripped the insignia off..

WSS FezWSS FezWSS FezWSS FezWSS Fez

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WSS Fez
    P
    Many

Default Re: WSS Fez

The fez is typical of the ones found in the warehouses at Dachau. They were worn by Muslim members of the 14th SS Division Handschar. The non Muslim German cadre also wore these. They came in a green for wear in the field and the maroon for dress. The majority of the members of the unit came from Muslim populations in Yugoslavia. The maroon fez were fairly common and inexpensive. The insignia was worth far more than the fez itself. Many were bought up at the $500-$600 range and their insignia stripped for use on fake SS hats. The stripped fezes then reappeared on the open market priced between $100-$200. For profit, many of these have been destroyed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks for quick answer. So you think this would go for about 100-200?

What a shame. Here is mine and what it once was.
    I think 150.00 would be max price IMO.
    WSS FezWSS Fez

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Thanks it's already up on 100$ so I think i'm gonna skip this one but it is very interesting objects. your one is in really good shape too!!