Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WSS officers visor cap late war

Article about: Hi guys, Can I please have some feedback on this potential purchase of a late war WSS officers visor? Underside of the visor itself is a dark grey/black color with cross hatching but made of

Default WSS officers visor cap late war

WSS officers visor cap late warWSS officers visor cap late warWSS officers visor cap late warWSS officers visor cap late war
    Hi guys,
    Can I please have some feedback on this potential purchase of a late war
    WSS officers visor? Underside of the visor itself is a dark grey/black color with cross hatching but made of the usual plastic. Insignia looks ok to me.
    Only other reference I've got of these late war SS visors is one similar on Craig
    Gottleibs web site. Any opinions before I commit to buying this cap?
    Thanks in advance -
    Steve
    (Wolfslair)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WSS officers visor cap late war
    P
    Many

Default Re: WSS officers visor cap late war

imo and im no expert this looks brand new with no wear at all can you zoom in on the eagle and skull please

tom

My initial reaction is the cap is questionable. However, more detailed pictures of the construction are needed to offer an accurate appraisal.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Agreed. Nice exterior, but the loss of the sweatdiamond and the "sweatstaining" are of concern in such a minty hat. Also, no wear at all to the sweatband.

I would like to see under the hood shots.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Last edited by BenVK; 09-22-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Many thanks guys for the valuable input - I'm trying to get some more information on late war SS visors, a task that is not easy. There are many questions to be asked too. Late war visors it seems have the same type of sweatband - so I'm wanting to find as much info as possible before I dismiss this totally. Any further input on late war visor construction and materials would help in this research project.
    Steve

So guys the luck of stains on the sweatband means it's not original? Isn't it possible that this is a mint cap which hadn't been worn much?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

its the fact that the outside of the cap is so good bu the diamond is missing imo makes this fake the lack of staining is also a bit odd

tom

?

Personally Steve, I'd steer clear of this one. As the guys above have stated, one or two issues are making this cap a questionable piece. That is enough of a reason to doubt it in my opinion. It would seem very strange to me that not only is the diamond missing, together with what appears to be an immaculate sweatband and yet the outer material is in near perfect condition.

Regards

Carl

Many thanks for your thoughts and opinions guys. I'm doing some comparisons with other known late war SS visors
    so I'm not going to dismiss this one just yet. If this is a ground up reproduction, then this example is near perfect.
    To make this one acceptable would only require an older style repacement sweatband.. scary stuff!
    I'll try and post some other late war SS officers visors to compare. Stay tuned..
    Steve