Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 german leather pilots hat real or fake ?

Article about: Hello All I purchased this leather cap/hat recently and I am looking for some advice as to its authenticity. I have included a number of photographs which I hope show all the necessary detai

Default Ww2 german leather pilots hat real or fake ?

Hello All

I purchased this leather cap/hat recently and I am looking for some advice as to its authenticity. I have included a number of photographs which I hope show all the necessary detail. If not I am happy to include more if required.

Kind Regards

Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 german leather pilots hat real or fake ?   Ww2 german leather pilots hat real or fake ?  

Ww2 german leather pilots hat real or fake ?   Ww2 german leather pilots hat real or fake ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 german leather pilots hat real or fake ?
    P
    Many

?

Hello Martin, it does not seem to conform to the period luftwaffe pilot helmets I have seen. The overall color, the green webbing strap, the outer shape of the earcup, the lack of markings, and the odd inscription near the earcup would raise concerns for me. I only own one winter leather and one summer cloth Luftwaffe pilot headgear that look nothing like this. There may be others I'm not aware of, this is only my opinion. I feel it could be a post war helmet. I would wait for more opinions from more experienced collectors in this area. In the meantime I feel you need to photograph the cap on a head form or something similar to mimic it being worn, It's difficult to see the shape from these pictures of the flattened helmet. Best of luck, Al

These are mine for visual comparison

Ww2 german leather pilots hat real or fake ?

Ww2 german leather pilots hat real or fake ?Ww2 german leather pilots hat real or fake ?

I think it's a 1950's-60's Russian or Chinese flight helmet. I have one somewhere too. The markings are fake.

?

Good call, I was thinking Korean war era Chinese MIG pilot helmet with an embellished Lufty inscription.

Its Chinese flying helmet as put above there is a guy on ebay selling lots of these with fake markings

Hey. This helmet ШЛ-82 produced by the USSR was launched in the 50s.

It says "Blut und Ehre on there"... wouldnt make sense, that alone would make me suspicious.

What a waste of engraving time & effort.....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”