Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors

Article about: I had someone recently tell me that they never made fakes of common visors. I wish it were so. While there are plenty of reproductions on the market, there were (and are) fakes made of commo

Default re: Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors

Very nice page evokes a different and simpler world in which these things were plentiful.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common Visors
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 486023This cap, which Mr. Mint has admired, cost me USD 35 in 1970, as I recall. Or in 1971. In case doubt adheres, I bought this very same cap at said time and trade it away a couple of years later.
    This was an almost unused Wellhausen army Jaeger cap.
    & still admire!!!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    & still admire!!!
    I had the chance to buy it back in the early 1990s, but the person who had it had not taken very good care of it, actually, and it had suffered over time, which really made me angry. The person who had it was also highly abrasive and was constantly trying to tell me things about German military history that were very, very over his pay grade. He was a person who deliberately spread disinformation to scare off the competition, a thing he learned from the glamor dealer here.
    But the Wellhausen Jaeger cap did cost me 35 dollars either in 1970 or 1971......I was very proud of it, to be sure, and it was in wonderful shape.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-17-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Yes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common VisorsYes, Virginia, They Did (and Do) Make Fakes of Common VisorsI wish I had this one, too. It is a silk grey SS cap that I got a couple of years later.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The person who had it was also highly abrasive and was constantly trying to tell me things about German military history that were very, very over his pay grade.
    Aren't those people the best?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    "to each his own...."

Great information and attention to detail Chris & Friedrich, well done guys I applaud your work.

Well, I would like the cap in hands, but it's not a original body cap with fake lining restored post war ?...

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Such people are as common as dirt and impose a huge tax on any sane person's patience and good manners.

They are followed by the ones with the fish stories and other tall tales, especially of whole, complete, untouched black SS uniforms being had at hock shops for a quarter or the price of a "Big Mac" and such.

?

$35 wasn't cheap in 1970. I started collecting in 72-73 and you could buy a real nice SA dagger for under $50. Most common belt buckles and badges were $5-10. $35 would buy almost a hundred gallons on gas.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast