Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Your opinion about this two kriegsmarine caps

Article about: Hi, a seller sent to me this 2 "tellermutze", one blu and one white. When I opened the package I was susprise!!! : Eeeeeek: I never saw before two caps like this. The first, should

Default Your opinion about this two kriegsmarine caps

Hi,
    a seller sent to me this 2 "tellermutze", one blu and one white.
    When I opened the package I was susprise!!! : Eeeeeek:
    I never saw before two caps like this.
    The first, should be blu, but I see it black : Banghead:
    The base is strange! There is not an edge (as I have always seen), but the top is stopped by automatic botton, marked Prym. On the front there are two springs around two flaps of cloth, to keep up the front.
    It 's all very strange and out of the ordinary, maybe it was made ??in the period, but I do not like it . What is your opinion?

This is the white cap, it has a good (in my opinion) base, but inside there is not buffer to keep up the front (in a photo, you can see the remains of the seams where it was)
    The leather sweatband I don't know if it's vintage or not ...
    In short, what do you think?

Please tell me if these two caps have some chance, or not
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your opinion about this two kriegsmarine caps   Your opinion about this two kriegsmarine caps  

Your opinion about this two kriegsmarine caps   Your opinion about this two kriegsmarine caps  

Your opinion about this two kriegsmarine caps   Your opinion about this two kriegsmarine caps  

Your opinion about this two kriegsmarine caps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your opinion about this two kriegsmarine caps
    P
    Many

Default Re: Your opinion about this two kriegsmarine caps

I think the white top is bundesmarine look at name tag.the blue one is probably the same.IMO

tread carefully with these caps.....they often turn out to be bundesmarine with the badge changed !

Can't offer you a definite yes or no on these two as not my area but always assume them wrong till proven otherwise IMO.

Naval expert required please !

cheers

Tony

Wise words from both Tony and Harry.......Bundesmarine, as with so much BW stuff altered to deceive.............
    Prost ! Steve.

You bet that Navy stuff is a minefield. I have owned a genuine Bordmutz overseas cap with a paris maker but I just passed recently on a cap as above due to the uncert that it was eariler BW. timothy

The base of the white one has a sweatband that is Very much reminiscent of the US Navy Donald Duck cap. I can't remember seeing such a color or textured leather sweatband in any cap But the American flat top blue caps...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."