Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1941 dated slouchie

Article about: Very nice slouches !! Do they originally come with chinstraps ?? Regards, Taka

Default 1941 dated slouchie

got this one coming to me from the bay, 1941 dated and made by Failsworth Hat LTD, size 6 & 3/4.

The real attraction for me was that it is flashed for the Welch Regiment, whose 2nd Battalion was in the Far East during the period and who saw action in burma from 44 onwards.

1944 – While the fighting was going on in Europe the 2nd Battalion had been retained in India but in October moved to Burma as part of the 19th Indian Division where it joined the 14th Army. In November the Battalion crossed the Chindwin River at Sittang, captured Pinlebu and saw some very hard fighting on the Swebo Plain.

A fuller account of their service can be found at the link below.

http://www.royalwelsh.org.uk/downloa...dBattalion.pdf

Sellers pics for now until it arrives.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1941 dated slouchie  1941 dated slouchie  1941 dated slouchie  1941 dated slouchie 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice one, I need to get a slouch myself one day.

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Nice one, I need to get a slouch myself one day.
    I said that a few years back Mads and this one will be my fifth example. I almost bought another one a few days back, but delayed to see if I won this one as I can only sneak so many into the house before her indoors notices!
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice addition Jerry!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That's a beauty Jerry, nice to have one with the Welsh connection mate.

Couldn't ask for more Jerry especially with the connection and all,well on your latest purchase.......

Arrived today, very nice.

It also has the WD issue mark under the sweatband, with an O for 1942.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 dated slouchie   1941 dated slouchie  

1941 dated slouchie   1941 dated slouchie  

1941 dated slouchie  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Very Nice!!! Funny before a couple of threads ago I am sure many on this forum..not to mention about 99% of collectors knew much about this style of hat, I have a couple, one for sure Boar War, and one Probably Boar War..I have learned a lot about them here in the past 3 weeks.

Just goes to show (again) why this forum is so great, collectors helping collectors.. and sharing knowledge!!!

Maybe I show my NZ Lemon Squeezer Hat, Kings Crown Badge and wool around the base of the Crown of the hat, I would love to know the age of it!!

Thanks again All!!!

Dean O
    Canada

A scan of the pages from the link I posted to save having to download it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 dated slouchie   1941 dated slouchie  

Regards,

Jerry

Nice one Jerry ,they are a special type headgear, I have a soft "felt" spot for them myself! Leon.1941 dated slouchie1941 dated slouchie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast