Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1st Independent Company puggaree

Article about: Hi, i am wondering if this item is authentic, judging by the green patch. Any help would be appreciated. The patch doesn't really seem to match the quality of other Independent companies aro

Default 1st Independent Company puggaree

Hi, i am wondering if this item is authentic, judging by the green patch. Any help would be appreciated. The patch doesn't really seem to match the quality of other Independent companies around the time. Also, does anyone know if soldiers, especially elite ones sewed their own patches to their gear, as this one seems to be a bit dodgey. thanks:

1st Independent Company puggaree

Default Re: 1st Independent Company puggaree

it might help if we could also see the whole cap etc

tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    it might help if we could also see the whole cap etc

tom
    It didn't come with a cap mate, this is all there is. Also,i think the owner may have been a man named Herbert Teasle Taylor. The only thing is, i don't know which company etc he served with. I know that he was discharged from hospital.

you can probably use his name to find his company

tom

I have tried, but so far no luck. All it says in his service recrord is that he was discharged from the 77 Australian Camp Hospital in 1946.

Here is his record: WW2 Nominal Roll - Certificate for HERBERT TEASLE TAYLOR

AIF
    ?

Please dont tell me you bought that!!!! Its a terrible fake the guy selling these on ebay is a downright scammer, Ive had my eye on him for quite a while now. His pictures are always blurry as to deceive buyers and he changed his user name not long ago because he got caught out and had a huge amount of bad feedback, check his other items and see the piles of crap he tries to sell every week.
    Heres what is wrong with it: The pugaree is a late 1950s/early 1960s type that he has put a dodgy stamp into and the patch is made yesterday and terribly made at that. WW2 pugarees rarely ever have a stamp in them and if they do they are barely readable.
    Any items to do with the 2/1st ind coy are very hard to find as it was only a very small unit and almost all of them were killed or captured and then executed by the Japs early in the war and the unit was never reformed. In 20 years of collecting I have only ever seen 2 original patches because at the time the independant companies were formed they were so top secret no patches were worn and as this unit was wiped out very early on not too many of its members were ever issued a patch.
    I just hope If you have bought it you send it back and get your money back.

Luke.