Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

33rd Indian Slouch hat

Article about: Hi, im looking at this hat. Regarding the hat, i have no concerns about it. It does not have a sweatband nor a chinstrap and also seems to have had another patch on the press stud side. I do

?

Thanks Jerry, I know nothing of such sun helmets and bush hats. I saw a slouch hat with a green strip at the top of the hat band and wondered if it signified a certain regiment or rifles.

Is there a reference site or good source for this?

Quote by Ocad View Post
    Thanks Jerry, I know nothing of such sun helmets and bush hats. I saw a slouch hat with a green strip at the top of the hat band and wondered if it signified a certain regiment or rifles.

Hi, i have not seen any slouch hats reference sites.
    If there are any, i also would like to see.

Cheers
    Nuno

Quote by Ocad View Post

Not for the British versions, though there is one for the Australians.

http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-...s/puggaree.htm

A green top strip would probably be for a rifles regiment, though it would depend on the shade of green, but to be honest there is little information on pug colours in a single source and the info I have has been garnered from different sites over the years and it is very patchy and mostly is derived from those found on sun helmets rather than slouch hats.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi Jerry and all,

I have found a good reference for this, (well sun hats but it surely must relate to bush hats). Its that great book by Brian L Davis. It states that green would have been used by the Sherwood Foresters... Really worth getting your hands on if you can!

Ol

Quote by Ocad View Post
    Hi Jerry and all,

I have found a good reference for this, (well sun hats but it surely must relate to bush hats). Its that great book by Brian L Davis. It states that green would have been used by the Sherwood Foresters... Really worth getting your hands on if you can!

Ol
    Hi Ol,

I have it and it probably is one of the sources I use and as you mention is the must have book for anyone who is interested in WWII British items, an absolutely superb book IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2