MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A11 flight helmet

Article about: This is my A11 flight helmet made by the Selby Shoe Company. I would like to know more about the clips and buttons that attach the breathing mask, I have seen A11's with only buttons and som

Default A11 flight helmet

This is my A11 flight helmet made by the Selby Shoe Company. I would like to know more about the clips and buttons that attach the breathing mask. Any help would be appreciated!
    A11 flight helmetA11 flight helmetA11 flight helmetA11 flight helmetA11 flight helmetA11 flight helmetA11 flight helmetA11 flight helmet
    Last edited by steelspy5; 09-17-2019 at 05:00 AM.

Very nice example,
    going by mine the clip buttons off for fitting comfort and came with a 2nd one as a spare. Looks like you have a rogue female snap the on the wearers left side there too.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-17-2019 at 12:54 AM.

?

That is the first time I've seen the mask hooks tied on. And the one on the left side looks like it is on backwards. Not sure how you would secure the O2 mask fittings to that one. I only have AN-H-15 helmets and the A14 O2 mask to reference.
    My O2 mask is Old new stock and came out of the box it was package in. It comes with all the fitting to use to attach it to the helmet.
    Other than that is a great looking A11. Congrats!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Looks like you have a rogue female snap the on the wearers left side there too.
    That maybe broken off from the hook that is on backwards. If corrected/rotated the hooks would be in the same locations.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Very nice! I've been wanting to get my hands on a mask and goggles. It appears the left side does have a female snap buttoned on lol. As far as the clip being backwards, I can't explain that, I haven't messed with it since I bought it. Any theories as to why they're tied?

?

Are there any snap's on the hooks? There should be. They have the female part of the snap built into them. Also are there male snaps under the hooks or are they missing?
    I can't tell from the pic's.
    I'm just trying to figure out why they are tied there for you.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Yeah everything seems normal despite them being tied, thanks for the help!

?

The tied on hooks are an intriguing detail... I’d be inclined to keep them like that, even though the orientation of the left one (to us) doesn’t yet make sense.
    It did to someone; possibly the original wearer.
    Presumably, he didn’t have faith in their security, but why backwards?
    Interesting.

If you changed it, then found some photographic evidence, you’d be sick as a pig!

Nice one!
    Bob

Here are some more pics, the tie on the right hand side came loose at some point before I got it
    A11 flight helmetA11 flight helmetA11 flight helmetA11 flight helmet

I did a little digging and found another A11 with a backwards clip and ties!
    For sale US A -11 Leather Flight Helmet - River Valley Militaria
    A11 flight helmet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast