Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Air Corps cadet "flighter" cap by Bancroft

Article about: Hello all, Came across this one on eBay and am a bit confused by the black band. This is a supposed Air Corps cadet cap but the band appears black vs. the dark navy blue like others I have s

Default Air Corps cadet "flighter" cap by Bancroft

Hello all,

Came across this one on eBay and am a bit confused by the black band. This is a supposed Air Corps cadet cap but the band appears black vs. the dark navy blue like others I have seen. I always thought that caps with a black band were more Warrant Officer types, what am I missing here?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Air Corps cadet "flighter" cap by Bancroft   Air Corps cadet "flighter" cap by Bancroft  

with the correct insignia on it, would this too be considered a Cadet cap or Warrant Officer?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Air Corps cadet "flighter" cap by Bancroft  

?

The one above looks like a 50s era officers cap with a dark green band, companies often did this during the 50s not sure why but the one above is not cadets visor