Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Amazing American Kepi style cap

Article about: Hello Mates, This is probably one of my favorite items. It is such an amazing quality peice. I have no idea what period it is from. I think and I was told it was for a chaplain in the Mexica

?

Default Amazing American Kepi style cap

Hello Mates,

This is probably one of my favorite items. It is such an amazing quality peice. I have no idea what period it is from. I think and I was told it was for a chaplain in the Mexican–American war. As I said I would love to find out more on what I have. I am lucky he has his name in the cap so perhaps I can do some research.

Amazing American Kepi style capAmazing American Kepi style capAmazing American Kepi style capAmazing American Kepi style capAmazing American Kepi style capAmazing American Kepi style capAmazing American Kepi style cap

Cheers, Pat

Default Re: Amazing American Kepi style cap

Nice cap indeed!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

WOW!!! That is a Beauty!!!!!
    Thanks for showing it!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice cap I like it a lot too I saw a similar one recently but it had an eagle instead of a cross.

Very nice looking cap Pat, but I think it almost certainly dates from a later period than the Mexican American wars as pre WWI versions of this type of Cap used by US forces had a pronounced flaring out at the top, whilst this is vertically sided. The pre 1898 caps were known as bell shaped because of the flaring crown. The construction suggests a much later date than WWI, but it is not a type of cap that I am familiar with, though it could be a Model 1898 cap, as they were of a similar form to this and it does look very similar to the officers version of the M1898 Kepi.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks for the replies Gents. This what came up when I typed in the name.
    C L Keith in the 1940 Census | Ancestry.com

Cheers, Pat

Have you checked GHW2 Pat as there it is said to not be military?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have a feeling these are Salvation Army or something similar?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Pat,

It's actually an American Masonic kepi for the Knights Templar. Here's a short video, there are several more from the same source showing various kepi's that are slightly different in design, but for all intents and purposes are the same, try Googling 'em.

Regards, Ned.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks for the replies gents. They said it was Knights Templar Mason's cap on GHW2 as well. Oh well, it seems none of the caps I bought at the show I will be keeping. Just the Dagger

Thanks again, I hate asking this but when I had a search I couldent find what I was looking for. Anyone know what somthing like this is worth?

Many Thanks, Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast