Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

aussie slouch

Article about: was wondering if anyone can date this aussie slouch . was given to me while I was on holiday he. there is no date chin strap is still there puggree is missing has got hole is the side for ca

Default aussie slouch

was wondering if anyone can date this aussie slouch . was given to me while I was on holiday he. there is no date chin strap is still there puggree is missing has got hole is the side for cap badge.
    cheers matty .
    aussie slouchaussie slouchaussie slouchaussie slouchaussie slouchaussie slouch

?

I am thinking 1950's. Cuts for a loop (not pin) rising sun. And a bright shade of green.
    The manufacturers name often wore off the hat band but sometimes if you let the light reflect off the surface then you can still just make out the details. Can you see anything?
    The holes for the chin strap seem a bit odd, crudely done?

Oz

Hi oz thanks for the info . I can't see any makers names in any light reflection I'v had a really good close look.After looking at the pictures I'v taken I can see what you mean about the chin straps . the leather on the chin straps were cut well in there time but seems that age has made the leather quiet hard and warped it in that area . it is not as bad as the pictures look from the angle they have been taken. cheers again .
    matty