Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Aussie slouch hat

Article about: Picked this up today without having a good look at it. I knew it was post war by the green grommets and it has the hook fitting for the brim turnup, though that has been attached with wire,

Default Aussie slouch hat

Picked this up today without having a good look at it. I knew it was post war by the green grommets and it has the hook fitting for the brim turnup, though that has been attached with wire, whilst the lining is synthetic leather and the chinstrap looks old but has been repaired with staples, size is clear, but the maker is not and might read made in Australia. The badge looks to have been on it a while, but is the Stokes & Sons Melb version which is WWI in date, whilst the pug is very modern and is dated 2002 and is too big I think. so an odd one put together from parts from different periods, though it displays nice and was cheap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie slouch hat   Aussie slouch hat  

Aussie slouch hat   Aussie slouch hat  

Aussie slouch hat   Aussie slouch hat  

Aussie slouch hat  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Default Re: Aussie slouch hat

Could have been put together for a WWII veteran to wear at remembrance gatherings. The staples are a common technique for soldiers these days to get the fit of the chin strap just right, as the buckle is supposed to sit by the corner of the mouth (meaning that it can't be adjusted to suit the length for the head).

Oz