MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

Article about: Lovely hats! Always wanted to have an example, but never managed to get one yet. Rob

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats

For reference... 2/14 LH slouch hats worn on OBG(W)-4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

AIF
    ?

Dave whilst not slouch hat related here is a nice 2/40th pennant that should cheer you up
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats   Aussie WW2 Slouch Hats  

It certainly has Luke.

2/14 on parade and in step, well done guys, very proud, something we always had a problem with in the 4/19 PWLH 30 years ago.

G'Day Fellas,
    If anyone would like to sell one of their Slouches please send me a PM.
    It doesnt have to be pristine (probably better it isnt as i cant afford too much) as long as its a dated period WW2 example.Maybe we can do a Helmet swap ?
    Thanks Mick

Picked up this Ausie bush hat today, from house clearance, no markings in the sweat band, ventilation gromets are brown, side stud marked car aust, can see a ghost of pugaree.Colour spec & quality are as good as any military marked examples I have had, just never had one not military markedAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch Hats

That's looks like a good one Battledress.
    Well done mate.

AIF
    ?

Quote by battledress View Post
    Picked up this Ausie bush hat today, from house clearance, no markings in the sweat band, ventilation gromets are brown, side stud marked car aust, can see a ghost of pugaree.Colour spec & quality are as good as any military marked examples I have had, just never had one not military markedAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch HatsAussie WW2 Slouch Hats
    Is there no markings in it what so ever?

No only mark is on the press stud

AIF
    ?

Ok then mate what you have there is an Australian WW2 made hat that never left the factory. Basically the war ended unexpectedly and there was a lot of newly manufactured uniforms and kit that was made but would no longer be needed and they had to get some of their money back. So what they did with the slouch hats was put a plain unstamped liner in them (like in yours) and sold them to the civilian market, you can also tell by the fact it has never had a badge fitted to the brim either. I think a lot got of them found their way over to the UK also as I have seen a few over the years come from there. It is still a nice example of a wartime made hat, but one that was never used or issued or made It's way into stores.

Hope this helps.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast