Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Aust Cap Peaked Officers

Article about: G'day All, I'm not seeing a lot of these around so I've figured to show mine from the junk pile in a little detail MTX (Melbourne Textiles) not dated but is WW2

Default Aust Cap Peaked Officers

G'day All,

I'm not seeing a lot of these around so I've figured to show mine from the junk pile in a little detail
    MTX (Melbourne Textiles) not dated but is WW2

Very nice mate. I know a bloke here that has one for sale dated 1943, he's had it quite a while now and every time I see it I'm very tempted to grab it. I think, by memory, he wants $225 for it.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Very nice mate. I know a bloke here that has one for sale dated 1943, he's had it quite a while now and every time I see it I'm very tempted to grab it. I think, by memory, he wants $225 for it.
    Jeeze that's a far cry from what I paid for mine, but I guess it goes up and up!! I'd still grab it at that price hey

I know the bloke fairly well, I reckon I'd get a better deal than that, maybe around $170. I think I might grab it, as you said, they are not too common anymore.

If you do grab it? I'd love to see it Mate

No worries mate, I'll post it up here. Probably wont see him for a couple of months but I think I'll grab it.

bump

Very nice cap Rene. Do Aussie SD caps follow the same conventions as those for British caps? If they do, then it would be an OR's cap from the type of chinstrap fitted to it, though such rules even among British caps is not always followed to the letter and the fabric of the cap looks more typical for an officers cap so perhaps the chinstrap was broken and replaced at some time. Very nice either way and you very rarely see Aussie SD caps over here, if ever.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Cheers Jerry I know for sure the strap hasn't been replaced. I'll have to look through my library for pictures

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Cheers Jerry I know for sure the strap hasn't been replaced. I'll have to look through my library for pictures
    I have a t least one British officers cap (made in India) with what in theory should be an OR's chinstrap and also the same for a Royal Marines officer. The RN do not follow the convention and perhaps that explains the RM cap and perhaps foreign made items also don't follow the same conventions. Rules are made to be broken and we all know there are plenty of examples of items not following the regs!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.