Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia

Article about: Hello, is there anyone who could help me with info about Australian production of Service Caps for lowerranking servicemen of the Dutch Eastindies Army during ww2 under McArthur present in A

I have 3 RAAF Uniforms by Wardrop

?

Well let's have a look ! Maybe some of them are related to the 18th Squadron RAAF (the ML-KNIL in Australia)

I cant get to them atm, i think these two are Wardrop. Wardrop was a prolific makerAustralian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in AustraliaAustralian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia

?

These two are not related to the 18th Squadron as I can see.
    The uniform right is Australian (I can see this on the Crown which is British/Australian)
    ML-KNIL would be without such a crown instead:

Australian made Service Caps for the Dutch (Dutch Eastindies) during ww2 in Australia

and also an eagle on the chest such like this (different versions are possible):

here are members of the ML-KNIL dressed in Australian RAAF uniform somewere in Melbourne 1942:

The uniform on the left could have belonged to a Polnish member (I can see this on the Polnish Armysign ?)

During ww2 French, Canadian, Poland, American an Dutch troops were stationated in the country

?

Question: Where was LUKE during ww2 situated ?

Of interest, at the Lake Boga Catalina museum in Australia they have a nose of a former Royal Netherlands Naval Air Service – Marine Luchtvaartdienst (MLD) Dornier Do 24K flying boat. I was able to look inside and have a poke around it. A very interesting aircraft

?

Question: Where was LUKE during ww2 situated ?

?

Yes Wizardman,

this German concept build in licence by Dutch Aviolando even had in its most modern form a 20mm canon !
    These planes were very sophisticated and much better than the American Catalina.
    KNIL made use of German and British design armory short before ww2 broke out.
    The reason for changing over to American concept was unavailability of European products.

?

René,

Australian industry made uniforms also for Allied servicemen and as officer you could also visit some dressmakers as Wardrop for getting a 'American-style' service-dress. This is the reason why all this kind of uniforms do have an American appearance.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast