Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black Naval Beret

Article about: It is a Canadian Navy beret, still current issue to this day . The cap badge itself is standard for the Canadian Navy up to the rank of Master Seaman. Petty Officers and above wear the same

?

Default Black Naval Beret

I found this at are local flea market on Sunday and no very little about the naval service, badges and insignia if any one out there could be of assistance with country of origin and the type of badge this is I would appreciate the help as I can not find an exampe of this badge when I searched the forum or the internet I will make the assumption that it is either Canadian or British in origin .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black Naval Beret   Black Naval Beret  

Black Naval Beret  

Default Re: Black Naval Beret

You are correct. Post 1953 British or Canadian. But my overall knowledge of Naval items is weak.

Any markings in the beret itself?

Cheers, Ade.

?

No markings Ade the liner has been removed as so many were for a better fit it is an old beret as far as I can tell as the photos show it ha been very well used thanks for the confirmation.

Probably some naval veterans' organization (RN or RCN). I rather doubt it's for current service as it's large for a uniform beret badge. It may indeed be something that some young enthusiast has put together.

Cheers,

Pat

?

I very much doubt it was produced by some young collector, if you examine the stitching it was done with a machine and by someone who knows how to use it properly,also the thread is thicker than normal which should mean an industrial type machine was used

?

There are two points that I agree with in this thread so far the first brought up by Ade .the badge is no earlier than 1953 as it is a queens crown.The second point is that the badge was applied with great care and an industrial machine was used as to the badge being to large for the beret I own some beret badges metal and cloth that are close to the same size as this one .This beret has had its liner removed for a better fit by I assume previous owner the backing in the beret is made of leather and for a blade type of cap badge and this gentlemen is all I know .

Regards Mark K

I have done a bit of research. The cap badge is for a Royal Navy Petty Officer.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade are we saying then that this is a capbadge and that the application is correct to the beret.

Regards,Mark K

Hi Mark, yes it is all correct for an Royal Navy PO.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade it will now get a new home and I will display it with my other headgear .

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast