Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Brazilian caps

Article about: Hello friends, I decided to start a new collection of Brazilian caps are not much easier to find, but with some effort in just one week could buy five caps, only one cap arrived at my house.

Default Brazilian caps

Hello friends, I decided to start a new collection of Brazilian caps are not much easier to find, but with some effort in just one week could buy five caps, only one cap arrived at my house. Today I will post a Brazilian sergeant cap the decade of 1970/80.
    But over this and the next week the other four caps are coming, I'll post a picture of all of them, one of these caps belonged to one of the largest Brazilian generals, who also was as captain fighting in Italy during World War II with FEB - Brazilian Expeditionary force, fantastic cap.
    Along the first photo of the cap have some medals (all medals are from Brazil, original World War II).
    The first medal from left to right, is called Campaign Medal;
    The second medal is called the War Medal;
    The third coin is called Blood Brazil (equivalent to purple hearth);
    Just below we have a board (COBRA FUMANDO) - snake smoking, the emblem of the FEB created by Walt Disney. This plate is made of aluminum and was made in Italy at the end of the war, there were about 25,000 boards, but as the signs were only ready at the end of World War II, few soldiers received in time to use during combat, but many marched with signs aluminum in the streets of Rio de Janeiro during the victory parade.
    Soon put the photos of the other caps.
    Thank you so much
    Astrath
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brazilian caps   Brazilian caps  

Brazilian caps   Brazilian caps  

Brazilian caps  

MAP
    ?

Very nice looking visor Cristiano. Not something we see here often. And a badge designed by Walt Disney himself is interesting!

Looking forward to your post on the Generals visor. I was not aware that Brazil actually sent an expeditionary force to fight alongside the Allies in WW2. Just learned something new.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice looking visor Cristiano. Not something we see here often. And a badge designed by Walt Disney himself is interesting!

Looking forward to your post on the Generals visor. I was not aware that Brazil actually sent an expeditionary force to fight alongside the Allies in WW2. Just learned something new.

Michael

Thank you Michael, Brazil sent 25,000 soldiers to the Italian front from 1944, with little training and obsolete weapons, some French or other German weapons.
    But the Brazilian soldiers received much praise from the five US Army, including a lot of soldiers received the combatant cross medal for war merit for acts of bravery. It is not known how many in total were distributed, but it is believed that between 1st class and 2nd class this number could reach almost 3,000.
    As well as the Brazilian pilots, which have become indispensable in the Italian front and won many victories.
    Hug.

MAP
    ?

Interesting. I know that the Brazilian pilots were used in the Atlantic (assume for submarine hunting?) but did not know they were on the Italian front as well. Wonder what type of aircraft they flew.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Interesting. I know that the Brazilian pilots were used in the Atlantic (assume for submarine hunting?) but did not know they were on the Italian front as well. Wonder what type of aircraft they flew.
    Yes, they were on the Italian front.
    On October 6, 1944, the 1st Fighter Aviation Group landed at the port of Livorno, Italy, two weeks after leaving the port of Norfolk, Virginia. Operationally subordinate to the 12th Tactical Air Force US Air Force, the yellow-green hope to have opportunities to put into practice in the Mediterranean Theater of Operations what they learned during months and months of training and independent missions.

Before Long Island, The Hunting Party, founded in December 18, 1943, he attended a period of training in Orlando, Florida. There, their commander, Major aviator Nero Moura, and 32 more key men grouping themselves familiar with the Curtiss P-40 Flying Tiger fighters and adapted to the standards of the US Air Tactical School. In March, this team left for Aguadulce, Panama, where the rest of the 1st Corps, which had left Brazil a few days before, was waiting. In that Central American country, the aviator Major was promoted to lieutenant colonel aviator post.
    I have some of these things here too.
    This link has a great documentary that shows the achievements of Brazilian aviation in World War II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ATvergHEAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ATvergHEA

NOTE: The aircraft used were P-47.
    Here in my state, an aviator bought a P-47 and brought as a war souvenir, the plane is in front of this museum in the capital of my state, in the city of Curitiba.
    Museu do ExpedicionárioMuseu do Expedicionário
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brazilian caps   Brazilian caps  

Brazilian caps  

The Brazilian aviation badge consists of an ostrich, this was because everything was given to Brazilians they ate, hehehehe.

The largest Brazilian aviator had 94 combat missions with great success.
    Brigadier Rui Moreira Lima.
    At the end of World War II, his service record computava 94 missions, for which won the highest military decorations in Brazil, France and the United States.

Brazilian caps  
    Attached Images Attached Images Brazilian caps 

MAP
    ?

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing this.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Fantastic! Thanks for sharing this.
    It is a pleasure to share a little of the history of Brazil. Thanks for your interest.

A very unusual cap, no shortage of bling there then, very nice.

I had not known that Brazil had fought with the Allies during WWII.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast