Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Army - Scots Guards. Colour Sgts, Sgts and Musicians cap badge

Article about: Sorting through my box of "bits that don't quite fit elswhere" badges I camw accross this one; It is a Scots Guards cap badge for Colour Sgts, Sgts and musicians worn on the FS cap

Default British Army - Scots Guards. Colour Sgts, Sgts and Musicians cap badge

Sorting through my box of "bits that don't quite fit elsewhere" badges I came across this one;

It is a Scots Guards cap badge for Colour Sgts, Sgts and musicians worn on the FS cap and the paggri in tropical dress.

I am not totally sure of the period as I picked it up in the late '70s with no provenance but I believe it to be WWI or earlier.

It is not marked in any way but the white metal displays all the characteristics of silver. The centre boss which is removeable is brass / gilding metal.

It differs from the Warrant Officers badge which was all silver and the Commissioned Officers badge which was also silver but the star was a slightly different shape.

It doesn't show in the picture but there is a green background to the thistle.

British Army - Scots Guards. Colour Sgts, Sgts and Musicians cap badgeBritish Army - Scots Guards. Colour Sgts, Sgts and Musicians cap badge

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 05-02-2018 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

A lovely badge.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.