MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Navy

Article about: Hi there, I am wondering if this naval cap is indeed British and not Austalian. Also I have no idea whether it is ww2 or not. I wish someone made a detailed guide online! Hopefully someone h

?

Default British Navy

Hi there, I am wondering if this naval cap is indeed British and not Austalian. Also I have no idea whether it is ww2 or not. I wish someone made a detailed guide online! Hopefully someone here can help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Navy   British Navy  

British Navy   British Navy  

badge looks to be british royal navy officers badge, pre 1953, hard to say on the cap, chinstrap appears later, easy to swap an earlier badge on to a later cap, can't see if the top is waterproof, which might help date it as would a clearer pic of the makers marks.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    badge looks to be british royal navy officers badge, pre 1953, hard to say on the cap, chinstrap appears later, easy to swap an earlier badge on to a later cap, can't see if the top is waterproof, which might help date it as would a clearer pic of the makers marks.
    Clearer pics of everything would help , but moreso a pic of under the visor.
    The cap doesn't look WW2 to me at all in any way.
    PS why are you so worried that the badge is Australian ? rather than British
    Here is some Aussie ones to compare.

Cheers Rick

Attachment 1418958

Attachment 1418959

?

I just realised that thanks to his dodgy blurry photos that its actually a Queens Crown .

?

Lol , upside down out of focus . Rob

?

Oh I’m sorry My pictures aren’t perfect, glad you all enjoyed a laugh at my expense. I’m only here to start a collection with some valuable knowledge. However it seems people with cheap cameras and new people aren’t welcome here.

Quote by Ell137 View Post
    Oh I’m sorry My pictures aren’t perfect, glad you all enjoyed a laugh at my expense. I’m only here to start a collection with some valuable knowledge. However it seems people with cheap cameras and new people aren’t welcome here.
    Mate, nobody has said anything harsh or derisory and your comment about new people not being welcome is really not helpful.
    It would be very easy for other members to take offence at that.

There are a few things to think about when posting here;

1. When you ask a question it is a good idea to include some context such as what you think about the item, where it came from, why are you asking etc. This helps focus replies correctly.

2. Good quality pictures are essential when anybody trying to help can't actually see the item in hand. Detail is everything. Some members manage to take perfectly good pictures with mobile / cell phones. Make sure they are the right way up too as most people are not inclined to twist their necks to look!

3. Most of us don't have crystal balls, just meat balls

You are welcome here but just remember that if you are asking for help anyone who replies is offering to help and I don't think that shows any lack of welcome.

In most cases the quality of the replies you get will directly correlate to the quality of your question.

Shall we start again?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

...and a "please" sometimes helps

Quote by Ell137 View Post
    Sit back and take a deep breath and take it on the chin. You are asking forum members to help you, but you didn't give the required quality pictures for them to do so. Don't blame it on the camera either, even cheap camera's are capable of excellent results when used with care. A useful tip for getting your pictures in the correct orientation too, when you crop them, make sure the horizontal is wider than the vertical.

Cheers,
    Steve

Chill out, don't take it to heart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast