Become our sponsor and display your banner here

British O/R SD cap

Article about: Bought this a couple of weeks ago and thought I would show some pictures. The original owners grandson, I believe, sold it to the dealer from who I purchased it, saying that his grandad was

?

Default British O/R SD cap

Bought this a couple of weeks ago and thought I would show some pictures. The original owners grandson, I believe, sold it to the dealer from who I purchased it, saying that his grandad was a regular before and right through the war.
    The badge is that of the Royal Irish Fusiliers, the picture doesn't show it to well, but a lot of the detail to the crown has been polished away. It has the correct Regimental buttons to the side.
    The W/D mark has an 'S' date code, that for 1938, I think and there is a date, which looks like 1,1,39, along with his surname and service number, I guess. If I had taken a picture of the crown you can see an ever so slight swirl to the fabric from all the brushing it has had.
    The cap is the best I have seen for a long time. These seem to have jumped up in price over the last couple of years, what hasn't though, but for all the times I missed one or decided to wait for a better one, I'm glad that I did.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-03 14.45.38.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	405704Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-03 14.44.44.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	327.2 KB 
ID:	405705Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-03 14.42.43.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	314.0 KB 
ID:	405707Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-03 14.43.49.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	302.2 KB 
ID:	405708

Default Re: British O/R SD cap

Looks really good and as I mentioned in a PM, the number one item on my current wanted list is a good circa WWII SD cap.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: British O/R SD cap

I took a chance on this one and I hope it is a good condition example, as the seller only showed this picture and it is hard to date these as they are much the same during and just after WWII. Has a GS list plastic badge and GS list buttons and apart from a mention of a missing makers label he did not mention other damage.

Seller has said he has already posted it, so hats off to him, pun intended.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jerry B; 10-05-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.