Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British O/R SD cap

Article about: Bought this a couple of weeks ago and thought I would show some pictures. The original owners grandson, I believe, sold it to the dealer from who I purchased it, saying that his grandad was

?

Default British O/R SD cap

Bought this a couple of weeks ago and thought I would show some pictures. The original owners grandson, I believe, sold it to the dealer from who I purchased it, saying that his grandad was a regular before and right through the war.
    The badge is that of the Royal Irish Fusiliers, the picture doesn't show it to well, but a lot of the detail to the crown has been polished away. It has the correct Regimental buttons to the side.
    The W/D mark has an 'S' date code, that for 1938, I think and there is a date, which looks like 1,1,39, along with his surname and service number, I guess. If I had taken a picture of the crown you can see an ever so slight swirl to the fabric from all the brushing it has had.
    The cap is the best I have seen for a long time. These seem to have jumped up in price over the last couple of years, what hasn't though, but for all the times I missed one or decided to wait for a better one, I'm glad that I did.

British O/R SD capBritish O/R SD capBritish O/R SD capBritish O/R SD cap

Default Re: British O/R SD cap

Looks really good and as I mentioned in a PM, the number one item on my current wanted list is a good circa WWII SD cap.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: British O/R SD cap

I took a chance on this one and I hope it is a good condition example, as the seller only showed this picture and it is hard to date these as they are much the same during and just after WWII. Has a GS list plastic badge and GS list buttons and apart from a mention of a missing makers label he did not mention other damage.

Seller has said he has already posted it, so hats off to him, pun intended.
    Attached Images Attached Images British O/R SD cap 
    Last edited by Jerry B; 10-05-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.