Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

British peaked caps ?

Article about: Gentlemen...I have moved this query on two peaked caps here, as I do not know what these caps are, they were posted in the BW section along with a BW Luftwaffe cap, which I identified for th

Default British peaked caps ?

Gentlemen...I have moved this query on two peaked caps here, as I do not know what these caps are, they were posted in the BW section along with a BW Luftwaffe cap, which I identified for the new member "farmgirljane" see here Bundeswehr peaked caps. post # 133..... can anyone I.D. these caps for the lady....."Hello, I am the wardrobe mistress at a local theatre group and we are cleaning out our costume wardrobe. And I came across these three hats. The blue hat is in the best condition, the one with the blue band is un-altered but in mediocre condition as can be seen by the pic. The hat with the red band is actually the same as the blue banded hat but has been altered, the original blue band is underneath. I also have the peak of a third hat the same as the last two hats mentioned, with the leaf badges on it. My question is we are clearing out costumes and I am wondering if these are worth anything or are we best keeping them as costumes."
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British peaked caps ?   British peaked caps ?  

?

Default Re: British peaked caps ?

Any maker marks, normally English caps have something inside, all the ones we had in our operatic society were original and marked by London makers

The badges are British bandsman's. No idea on the caps, not military to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

these look like brass bandsman's caps, sometimes made by military hatters to similar patterns but these are not military. Best kept as costumes I would think. Some people collect these though as they are a part of our social history. They have some value.