Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British side cap id?

Article about: An impulse buy from Ebay, very cheap but I don't know which service it would be for. It has Kings crown general service buttons which should mean it is pre 1953 and has signs of it having ha

Default British side cap id?

An impulse buy from Ebay, very cheap but I don't know which service it would be for. It has Kings crown general service buttons which should mean it is pre 1953 and has signs of it having had a badge, though what is hard to see.

Any thoughts? RA or RE would be my guesses though it could be regimental colours.

I looked in this thread and it might be one of a few different choices, but WWII RAOC would be good for me, though whatever it is, is good with me.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/USA-b...e-caps-163237/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British side cap id?   British side cap id?  

British side cap id?   British side cap id?  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: British side cap id?

These things are really hard to nail down sometimes as the minor variations are endless. RAOC is a very likely candidate.

Definitely not RA or RE though. The RA always used a blue cap with a red curtain, and the RE one is blue piped yellow.

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    These things are really hard to nail down sometimes as the minor variations are endless. RAOC is a very likely candidate.

Definitely not RA or RE though. The RA always used a blue cap with a red curtain, and the RE one is blue piped yellow.

Rob
    Agree Rob, not RA or RE as I have managed to do some research since I made the post, it was just the red & blue reminded me of them from shoulder titles I have, as are the RAOC ones I have.
    Regards,

Jerry

I noticed when looking again that it does not have the piping on the peak, so maybe it is not RAOC.
    Regards,

Jerry

umm it should have a tag,stamp or else it might be hand sewn

Quote by warRelic View Post
    umm it should have a tag,stamp or else it might be hand sewn
    Not sure what you mean when you post it might be hand sewn?

No sign of a tag or stamp, though not an issue IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

Ive had a look at 'British army uniforms and insignia' by B.Davis, there is a list of coloured side hats in there...and im stumped!
    Might be worth emailing this company that make repro's Coloured Field Service Caps |

Quote by NCA View Post
    Ive had a look at 'British army uniforms and insignia' by B.Davis, there is a list of coloured side hats in there...and im stumped!
    Might be worth emailing this company that make repro's Coloured Field Service Caps |
    Thanks for that. I have a copy of the book you mention in the post to me. If I fail through other means to ID it, I will try contacting the site you linked to as a last resort.
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

That book is superb.Highly recommended.

Quote by NCA View Post
    That book is superb.Highly recommended.
    I know and I have been meaning to buy it for ages, but only got round to it the other day.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast