Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Coloured field service caps

Article about: I thought about going there, but 'chickened out' (sorry) You are more brave than I Actually Battery Command Post seems very prosaic about it; he will wring its neck if the 'bill' (sorry agai

servicepub
    ?

Default Re: Coloured field service caps

I can't help with the cap ID but I am a collector of Canadian WWII CFSC and have a website dedicated to these. Coloured Field Service Caps I am always looking for additional Canadian caps - either for purchase or just to upload a photo.
    Clive

?

.....and welcome to the forum

Hi Clive. Your site has been inspirational to me and a great research tool for when I find Canadian caps fo sale and don't know what they are. I wish there was a similar site for british caps! Canadian coloured f/s caps come up for sale in Britain rarely and they are always inexpensive. I only have a few Canadian caps in my collection, I tend to pass them on to finance more British caps. I have a cadets cap and a mint signals cap. I dont think my VVR cap counts as coloured, even though it is grey.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Coloured field service caps   Coloured field service caps  

Rob, I think, from your description, this cap must be an ordnance corps officers cap. I have been wondering what it is for ages. thanks for that.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Coloured field service caps  

I actually found another reference for these caps yesterday, that I had misplaced. It's a Military Historical Society special issue about coloured caps from 2002. I will try to have a look through it, although it's one of those old school publications with great information, but so badly laid out you can't find anything. The nice thing about it is that nearly all the info comes from actual items and verified sources, and if from a more dubious source, it says so.

It also has the worst artwork in the history of military publishing, on the 'so badly drawn it's funny' level.

Rob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3