Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Dark navy beret.Which regiment?

Article about: I bought myself a nice 1953 kangol made beret today.It is a very dark navy colour(midnight blue?)I would like to know what or which regiments used this colour beret.There is a ghost of the b

NCA
    ?

Default Dark navy beret.Which regiment?

I bought myself a nice 1953 kangol made beret today.It is a very dark navy colour(midnight blue?)I would like to know what or which regiments used this colour beret.There is a ghost of the badge that was originally there..something rounded like RTR or RAF?ill put a picture up later when i get time.Thanks.

Default Re: Dark navy beret.Which regiment?

By this date the Midnight Blue beret was almost universal throughout the Army. So it could be more or less any Regt or Corps, aside from Para or RTR etc as they retained their own coloured berets.

Cheers, Ade.

NCA
    ?

Thanks for the info.What i planned to do is put a badge back on it for display but i dont know what..as i said the original badge that was on it has left an impression that is roughly circular and it had two fixing lugs.any suggestions to which badge would be good?and as its a 53 dated beret it would have to be something with a queens crown?!

NCA, Essex Regiment ...just off the top of my head, so to speak. The Middlesex Regiment, there are quite a few that have a Crown and would leave a round impression