Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Dating this Indian Commonwealth Pith Hat

Article about: Knowing very little about these hats I have been using this to compliment a WWII Indian uniform. It is the correct style although I'm assuming Post War.

Default Dating this Indian Commonwealth Pith Hat

Knowing very little about these hats I have been using this to compliment a WWII Indian uniform. It is the correct style although I'm assuming Post War.

Dating this Indian Commonwealth Pith HatDating this Indian Commonwealth Pith Hat

Difficult to say how old it is, although the imperial measure hat size would indicate to me that it isn't that recent. I believe they were also known as the 'Shola Pith.' The trade label looks as though this was aimed at the civilian market rather than military.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Difficult to say how old it is, although the imperial measure hat size would indicate to me that it isn't that recent.
    Good point - I should have thought of that - That should in theory, place date prior to 1965 - I agree RE label - the 'Real Pith Hats' line seems unlikely marking for a military item. Interesting hat in any case. Many thanks!

Very hard to date this type of helmet, pre circa 1970 is the best I could guess at.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.