Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

French Bush Hat Chapeau de Brousse Mle 49 Help

Article about: New member here. I got this hat about 10 years ago in a grouping of Indochina and Algeria items. This has always been a mystery to me as it has no ARMEE stamp. It really only has a size 57 a

can
    ?

Default French Bush Hat Chapeau de Brousse Mle 49 Help

French Bush Hat Chapeau de Brousse Mle 49 HelpFrench Bush Hat Chapeau de Brousse Mle 49 HelpFrench Bush Hat Chapeau de Brousse Mle 49 Help

New member here. I got this hat over 10 years ago in a grouping of Indochina and Algeria items. This has always been a mystery to me as it has no ARMEE stamp. It really only has a size 57 and another stamp below that looks like one line or maybe one word. I can't make it out. I don't know if a repro as none of the other items were and it was not an expensive lot mostly just general stuff,packs,haversacks, and an M47 Infantry uniform. I don't even know if they made repro's in 2004. This is light olive in color and the chin strap is thinner than the ARMEE stamped 1959 one I have. Anyone see anything like this? Thanks for looking

Joe
    Last edited by can; 12-12-2018 at 10:36 PM.

I think this could be the Israeli copy, although they used lots of French-made hats too

can
    ?

Mystery may be solved. I can thank earlymb for possibly sending me on the right track. I started looking for ID's of Israeli/French bush hats and found a thread on Wehrmacht Awards from 2009. It has all the same features as a CEFEO QM theater made bush hat. They have a very distinctive snap and a thin non adjustable strap. They also at least in the pictures in the thread don't seem to have any stamp aside from size. That could be good or not as mine does have a small stamp of some nature. I'm going to try to get in touch with the poster as he seems to be well versed. Anyway it's a lead. Thanks earlymb
    French Bush Hat Chapeau de Brousse Mle 49 HelpFrench Bush Hat Chapeau de Brousse Mle 49 HelpFrench Bush Hat Chapeau de Brousse Mle 49 Help

Happy it helped!