Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

French Kepi WW1 or WW2??

Article about: Hi All, Seller claims WW1 French Captains Kepi, sorry for the web photo's I will have better ones when I get the cap in hand, but its black wool body with flaming bomb buttons on side, red t

Default French Kepi WW1 or WW2??

Hi All,
    Seller claims WW1 French Captains Kepi, sorry for the web photo's I will have better ones when I get the cap in hand, but its black wool body with flaming bomb buttons on side, red top. gold piping, 81st regiment , faded maker inside, also initial buttons inside, wide round brim, definatly old and not post war IMO, not really good with these, if anyone has any knowledge on these it would be appreciated, as always thank you for your time and help.
    French Kepi WW1 or WW2??French Kepi WW1 or WW2??French Kepi WW1 or WW2??French Kepi WW1 or WW2??French Kepi WW1 or WW2??

Sorry but it seems that none here have any knowledge on these, certainly I do not. I thought Kris (StukaF) might have had something to say but he has not commented on it
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yes, I would say that it is a WW1 kepi, It certainly conforms to the pattern of my example - a WW1 Engineers Officers kepi. Here is a picture for comparison.

French Kepi WW1 or WW2??

Thanks guys I see some differences between yours and mine, the braided loops on top and the size of the cap body, maybe interwar or WW2 not sure.

Hi Jerry,
    Your kepi was adopted for the french officers in 1919. So it's a post WWI kepi.
    The 81st infantry regiment was posted in Montpellier (south of France).
    Regards,
    Jordan