Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Glengarry cap

Article about: Hello ! Just got this one today and after researching the cap badge i learned this: On October 1, 1954, almost one-hundred years after Chatham-Kent, Ontario and Windsor, Ontario decided to f

Default Glengarry cap

Hello !
    Just got this one today and after researching the cap badge i learned this:
    On October 1, 1954, almost one-hundred years after Chatham-Kent, Ontario and Windsor, Ontario decided to first have an operational militia, The Essex and Kent Scottish Regiment was formed. It occurred when The Kent Regiment and The Essex Scottish Regiment decided to unite as a single Regiment. On March 7, 1962, the Regiment's two Battalions were officially formed.
    so the badge is post war but can you tell if the cap is post war or period ? i don't know if it's possible that the cap itself could be ww2 as the Essex regiment was part of the europeen theater but the Kent regiment served in Canada only . Is there difference in those cap between the war and after that we can see or they never change anything on those cap .
    thanks
    Frenchy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Glengarry cap   Glengarry cap  

Glengarry cap   Glengarry cap  

Glengarry cap  

Default Re: Glengarry cap

Hi Frenchy, the cap is certainly post war and fairly modern in date. Most likely made in the last 20 years. It is not an issue cap but private purchase.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Glengarry cap

Thanks Ade the last 20 years it's good enough to stay home here and have a good retirement on one of my styrofoam head .as i really like those kind of cap ,for me they yell classy ! it's a good display item .At least it made me learn something new on a another Canadian regiment.
    Thanks again
    Frenchy

My father Harry O. McAfee who was a POW (twice) served with the Essex Brigade at Dieppe.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Glengarry cap